Welfare services at a glance
We provide a guide to information on welfare services.
Medical reimbursement (for medical fees related to pregnancy and delivery)
This policy provides medical cost assistance for pregnancy and birth to beneficiaries of medical care assistance who are confirmed of pregnancy.
Who is eligible?
This policy supports beneficiaries of medical care assistance who are in pregnancy or who have given birth (including stillbirths and miscarriages).
What benefits are offered?
- Provides KRW 500,000 of pregnancy and birth medical costs (KRW 950,000 for plural births of twins or more)
- Additional KRW 200,000 is provided if you reside in an area isolated from medical services related with pregnancy and birth for 30 days or longer.
- This is applicable for applications of pregnancy and birth medical costs after July 1, 2016. (Enforced on July 1, 2016)
- Regions eligible for additional financial assistance for medical fees during pregnancy and delivery (obstetrically-underserved areas of 2019)
- Incheon: Ongjin-gun
- Gangwon: Pyeongchang-gun, Jeongseon-gun, Hwacheon-gun, Inje-gun
- Chungbuk: Boeun-gun, Goesan-gun
- Chungnam: Cheongyang-gun
- Jeonbuk: Jinan-gun, Muju-gun, Jangsu-gun
- Jeonnam: Boseong-gun, Jangheung-gun, Hampyeong-gun, Wando-gun, Jindo-gun, Sinan-gun
- Gyeongbuk: Sangju-si, Mungyeong-si, Cheongdo-gun, Gunwi-gun, Euisung-gun, Cheongsong-gun, Yeongyang-gun, Yeongdeok-gun, Bonghwa-gun, Ulleung-gun
- Gyeongnam: Euiryeong-gun, Changnyeong-gun, Namhae-gun, Hamyang-gun, Habcheon-gun
* The list above is the same as the list provided in the 2019 Guide for Supporting Obstetrically Underserved Regions.
How can I apply?
- You can apply by visiting si, gun or gu office, or eup, myeon or dong community center.
- You can apply in the following procedures.
Initial Consultation and
Initial consultation and service application at si, gun or gu office, or eup, myeon or dong community center.
Comprehensive Investigation and
Confirmation of Subject
Local government (si, gun or gu office) with jurisdiction of residential area of beneficiary investigates and confirms.
Local government (si, gun or gu office) with jurisdiction of residential area of beneficiary provides service.
The above mentioned welfare services are as of 2019. (Ministry of Health and Welfare, Division of Healthcare for the Poor)