We provide a guide to information on welfare services.
Multi-culture Family Day Care Subsidy
This policy provides day care subsidies to children of multi-culture families using day care centers to reduce child raising burden of parents and to assist parents’economic activity.
Who is eligible?
- Supports preschool children aged 0 – 5 in multi-culture families
- Supports irrelevant of income levels of guardian.
- Supports children in multi-culture families born between marriage immigrants (including person declared of recognition or person permitted for naturalization) and person with nationality in Republic of Korea.
- Supports are provided exceptionally to the following children.
- Child born between person with nationality of Republic of Korea and his/her former spouse instead of the marriage immigrant (including person declared of recognition or person permitted for naturalization) in multi-culture family shall be applicable if the child lives as the same member of family in multi-culture family.
* Applicable only for child with nationality of Republic of Korea
- In case child subject to school entrance (born in January 1, 2011 – December 31, 2011) postpones school entrance, day care subsidy for child aged 5 is applicable.
What benefits are offered?
- The following benefits are offered.
- Age 0: KRW 441,000(344,000)
- Age 1: KRW 388,000(302,000)
- Age 2: KRW 321,000(250,000)
- Age 3: KRW 220,000
- Age 4: KRW 220,000
- Age 5: KRW 220,000
How can I apply?
- The guardian visits eup, myeon or dong community center to apply for day care subsidy.
- You can apply in the following procedures.
Initial Consultation and
You can consult at eup, myeon or dong community center and apply for service.
and Confirmation of Subject
Si, gun or gu office confirms the qualifying subject.
Si, gun or gu office provides day care subsidy for multi-culture family.
The above mentioned welfare services are as of 2018. (Ministry of Health and Welfare, Child Care Business Planning Department)