We provide a guide to information on welfare services.
Nuri Course (Ages 3 – 5) Supports
Kindergarten tuition fees or day care subsidies are given to all children aged 3 – 5 who attend kindergartens or day care centers.
Who is eligible?
- Infants aged 3 – 5 who attend national, public and private kindergartens or day care centers and who applied for Nuri course child tuition fee or day care subsidy are eligible.
- Age 3: Born in January 1, 2014 – February 28, 2015
- Age 4: Born in January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013
- Age 5: Born in January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012
※ Including infants born in January – February 2015 in age 3 classes who wish for early entrance to kindergarten
- In case a child of a school age (born in 2011) postpones school entrance, free tuition fee for child aged 5 shall be provided only for one year of postponement after submitting the notification of postponement of school entrance.
- The free tuition period of a child on common courses defined by the Minister of Education and the Minister of Health and Welfare for kindergartens and day care centers cannot exceed three years*.
* Applicable from the application history (including the application period of a child on postponement of school entrance or early entrance) after March 1, 2014
- The tuition fees (kindergartens), day care subsidies (day care centers) and childcare allowances (home raising) of children aged 3 – 5 shall not be overlapped and are only effective if the parent(s) has (have) applied for services.
- When a child moves from a kindergarten (tuition fees) to a day care center (day care subsidies) or vice versa, he or she must apply for a change of services by visiting the eup / myeon / dong community center or via the Bokjiro website, and the subsidies shall be provided from the date of application of the parent(s). In this case, retroactive subsidies shall not be provided.
What benefits are offered?
- The tuition fees of kindergarten children aged 3 – 5 and the day care subsidies of day care center children aged 3 – 5 are provided from the application date. Examples:
- Example 1: If child A applied for tuition fees on February 26 and started to attend kindergarten from the opening day of kindergarten on March 2, subsidy shall be calculated based on March 1 as the opening day.
- Example 2: If child B applied for tuition fees on February 26 but started to attend kindergarten on March 7 instead of the opening day of kindergarten on March 2, the subsidy shall be calculated based on March 7 as the opening day.
- Example 3: If child C started to attend kindergarten from the opening day of kindergarten on March 2 and applied for tuition fee on March 7, the subsidy shall be calculated from March 7. (The tuition fees for March 2 – 6 shall be paid by the parent(s).
How can I apply?
- You can apply by visiting eup, myeon or dong community centers in your area or online at Bokjiro.(online.bokjiro.go.kr)
- If you change from kindergarten to day care center or vice cersa, you must apply for change of service by visiting eup, Myeon or dong community center or on internet bokjiro website.
- Subsidies are provided from the application date of the guardian and shall not be retroactively applied.
- You can apply in the following procedures.
Initial Consultation and Service Application
Apply for tuition fee at eup, myeon or dong community center or online.
Examination and Deliberation
Si, gun or gu office investigates the eligibility and notifies the outcome.
Si, gun or gu office assures provision of tuition fee.
Education Office provides tuition fees.
The above mentioned welfare services are as of 2018. (Ministry of Education, Early Childhood Education Policy Department)